Posted February 8, 2020
Summary of Position:
The Banquet Captain is responsible for handling all aspects of food and beverage functions including pre-planning, supervision of staff during set-up, service and breakdown and administrative duties.
- Plan daily and weekly banquet functions.
- Coordinate interaction with other departments and clients.
- Supervise staff to include set-up and breakdown.
- Administer duties to include banquet check preparation, disciplinary documentation, functions review sheets and labor forecasts
- Coordinate successful timing of events according to the guest needs and overall Arizona Grand Resort standards
- Train new team members
- Attend all required meetings
- Supervise maintenance of ballroom
- Other tasks as assigned by manager
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 2 years of banquet supervisory experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to abide by and enforce Maricopa County Health Food regulations and state, federal and corporate liquor regulations.
- Ability to perform all of the basic functions of the banquet server
- Extensive knowledge of food an beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations, and general etiquette
- Ability to move in tight quarters effectively and quickly to monitor and supervise line staff
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions
- Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language sufficient to understand menus, knows ingredients in food prepared, and to communicate with guests and service team.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)