Posted February 14, 2020
Ballroom Kitchen Cook
Summary of Position:
The Banquet Cook is responsible for preparing and cooking all of the hot food items while maintaining quality standards set by the Resort.
- Prepare all items listed on daily prep lists, following standard procedure or as otherwise directed by supervisor, regularly checking product and maintaining high quality at all times.
- Organize prepped food by day/function and group name. Only mark items off prep list when this is complete.
- Check portion control: weights and counts before, during and after prep.
- Fire food for service. Serve on service line.
- Follow proper storage procedures when removing food from walk-in or returning food to walk-in.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times. Follow “clean as you go” policy.
- Maintain walk-ins, prep area and all equipment up to Health department and Resort standards.
- Assist in other areas of the kitchen, as necessary.
- Assist in transporting food and equipment to other areas on property for satellite service.
- Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma preferred.
Experience: At least two years cooking and prep work experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to clean with abrasive kitchen cleansers.
- Basic math skills necessary to understand and implement recipes and measurements.
- Good hand/eye coordination needed to use all kitchen equipment, i.e. choppers, graters, mixers, etc.
- Ability to reach and place items on a hot line.
- Ability to work in confined spaces at extreme temperatures.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry, push or pull products up to 200 pounds.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees and guests.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).