Posted March 15, 2020
Banquet Kitchen Dishwasher
Due to the current global situation, our hiring process is temporarily on hold. We are continuing to accept applications and will reach out to interested candidates once our hiring hold is over. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in working for Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.
Summary of Position:
The Dishwasher is responsible for keeping all cleanable items clean and maintaining the cleanliness of the work areas including ballroom kitchen, hospitality kitchen, loading dock and stewarding areas.
- Clean all plate ware, flatware, pots, pans, glassware, baking equipment, utensils, and silverware are cleaned on a daily basis according to specific operating procedures.
- Maintain floors in stewarding area by sweeping and mopping as needed or requested.
- Maintain floor drains.
- Keep all equipment operating effectively by ensuring it is clean and in good working order, complying with health department regulations.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment such as fryers, broilers, slicers, and conveyer line belts.
- Prepare and assist in actual service of functions as needed.
- Assist in transportation of all off property functions, transporting dishes to hot boxes.
- Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots, and pans promptly and completely to allow cooks to complete their job functions.
- Other supportive functions as determined by the Supervisor, Stewarding manager or Kitchen Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Dish Room experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County food service worker card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to perform duties within varying temperatures of the ballroom kitchen.
- Ability to use strong kitchen cleaning products in order to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to grasp, lift, and/or carry or otherwise push goods on a cart (max. weight up to 200 lbs.) and to use all equipment; i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, to perform all essential functions.
- Ability to reach, lift, stoop, and stand on a continuous basis in order to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate and clean all kitchen equipment.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to provide requisitions as needed or specified by a supervisor.
- Ability to lift and transport heavy equipment.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively English language to communicate with other associates.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.