Posted February 17, 2020
Summary of Position:
The Senior Maintenance/Electrician is responsible for responding to guest needs and department requests to maintain the entire facility. This involves performing a variety of tasks and trades.
- Evaluate, design, layout and install new circuits for lighting, receptacles, controls, motors, etc., using conduit and accessories.
- Evaluate, install, document and repair circuits for fire alarm systems.
- Test, repair and maintain building lighting and lighting components.
- Test, troubleshoot and repair electrical and motor control units.
- Coordinate, review, inspect and evaluate electrical work performed by outside contractors.
- Evaluate, inspect and document all work performed to ensure compliance with national and local electrical codes.
- Read, interpret, and evaluate electrical schematics, blue prints, engineered drawings and other building documents.
- Perform and document testing, emergency and routine repairs to building electrical distribution system.
- Maintain all inspection and log sheets to guarantee preventative maintenance was conducted.
- Maintain inventory of electrical supplies and components.
- Perform general maintenance duties as assigned including operating forklifts, motor vehicles, jacks and hoists.
- Design, test, repair and maintain resort emergency power distribution, including emergency generating systems.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Experience with all maintenance trades required.
Certificates or Licenses: Journeyman Electrician Certification; State Driver License with a clean motor vehicle record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all maintenance trades including electrical, plumbing, water chemistry, and natural gas properties as well as the related use of hand and power tools.
- Skills in the use of related tools including hand and power tools.
- Mathematical skills necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and push and pull objects weighing up to 100 pounds, carry objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk around a large Resort for the majority of the work period.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at height up to 30 feet for extended periods.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees, guests, and to prepare inspection logs.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.