Posted February 13, 2020
Summary of Position:
The Housekeeping Supervisor facilitates a smooth transition between guests and associates. Housekeeping Supervisor should be a friendly dependable person who can work with others. Efficiency and attention to details are crucial traits for this position.
- Check VIP’s before 12 noon according to the Housekeeping VIP process and according to standards
- Check all Vacant Clean Suites daily to ensure quality of service
- Check and report all Engineering challenges found in Suites or public areas
- Maintain open communication with management staff to ensure quality service is being provided and report all guest challenges as they occur
- Facilitate quick delivery of guest errands
- Will actively look for ways to help guests and other associates
- Will manage one’s own time and the times of other effectively
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Springer Miller
- Work with Management on a one on one basis to build Housekeeping Coordinator skills
- Assign projects and daily work
- Restock cleaning supplies
- Maintain inventories, restock and keep areas well organized
- On occasion will perform light cleaning of suites, make beds, clean bathrooms, clean public areas, etc.
- Keep all work areas clean, professional and inviting
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, and other public areas as needed
- Provide turndown service when needed
- Assist in monitoring overall staff performance twice a week
- Other duties assigned by Executive Director and Housekeeping Manager
- Other tasks as assigned by other resort managers
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years of experience in Housekeeping
Certificates or Licenses: NA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- Ability to maneuver a golf cart through congested areas.
- Computer knowledge is a must.
- Ability to train with strong leadership skills.
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the guest, team and resort.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls an applications of relevant chemicals.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Consistently exhibits a professional demeanor.
- Willingness to train and be trained on computer system.
- Ability to lift, stand and walk up and down stairs.
- Clerical office skills a must; coding rooms, Springer Miller, working spreadsheet knowledge, experience with time and attendance.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English and Spanish language.
- Professional appearance/presentation. Specific grooming standards are available for review.