Posted March 14, 2020
Due to the current global situation, our hiring process is temporarily on hold. We are continuing to accept applications and will reach out to interested candidates once our hiring hold is over. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in working for Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.
Summary of Position:
The Housekeeping Supervisor facilitates a smooth transition between guests and associates. Housekeeping Supervisor should be a friendly dependable person who can work with others. Efficiency and attention to details are crucial traits for this position.
- Check VIP’s before 12 noon according to the Housekeeping VIP process and according to standards
- Check all Vacant Clean Suites daily to ensure quality of service
- Check and report all Engineering challenges found in Suites or public areas
- Maintain open communication with management staff to ensure quality service is being provided and report all guest challenges as they occur
- Facilitate quick delivery of guest errands
- Will actively look for ways to help guests and other associates
- Will manage one’s own time and the times of other effectively
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Springer Miller
- Work with Management on a one on one basis to build Housekeeping Coordinator skills
- Assign projects and daily work
- Restock cleaning supplies
- Maintain inventories, restock and keep areas well organized
- On occasion will perform light cleaning of suites, make beds, clean bathrooms, clean public areas, etc.
- Keep all work areas clean, professional and inviting
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, and other public areas as needed
- Provide turndown service when needed
- Assist in monitoring overall staff performance twice a week
- Other duties assigned by Executive Director and Housekeeping Manager
- Other tasks as assigned by other resort managers
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years of experience in Housekeeping
Certificates or Licenses: NA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- Ability to maneuver a golf cart through congested areas.
- Computer knowledge is a must.
- Ability to train with strong leadership skills.
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the guest, team and resort.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls an applications of relevant chemicals.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Consistently exhibits a professional demeanor.
- Willingness to train and be trained on computer system.
- Ability to lift, stand and walk up and down stairs.
- Clerical office skills a must; coding rooms, Springer Miller, working spreadsheet knowledge, experience with time and attendance.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English and Spanish language.
- Professional appearance/presentation. Specific grooming standards are available for review.