Posted February 16, 2020
National Sales Manager
Summary of Position:
The National Sales Manager is responsible for the acquisition and contracting of group business of 81 – 744 rooms peak night from the all-important Association segment for the Arizona Grand Resort & Spa or The Scott Resort & Spa. This position may be located on property or home-based if candidate resides outside of the state of Arizona.
- Meet or exceed your revenue goals as specified in the incentive document.
- Solicit potential prospects on a daily basis with a minimum of 20 calls per day, 20 phone hours per month.
- Determine quality of business: prospect, qualified prospect, best potential.
- Follow through on all leads within 48 hours.
- Meet and conduct all site inspections on property unless office is home-based.
- Update accounts and most current lead source.
- Update all accounts with current Presidents, CEO’s, and VP’s of Sales & Marketing for direct mail campaigns.
- Develop an industry newsletter specific to the sales managers industry and mail quarterly.
- Develop an operational sales and service action plan within 30 days, including minimum expectations on operations duties provided by Conference Services.
- Maintain continuous communication between Sales, Spa, Club, Conference Services and the customer at all times.
- Keep detailed notes and execute written agreements with all vendors and customers.
- Travel to domestic trade shows and destinations minimum of (4) times per year.
- Prospects and qualifies new group clientele from all available resources.
- Ability to perform all essential functions within two weeks of employment.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Sales.
Education: High School Diploma required, college degree preferred.
Experience: Must have 5 + years of hotel group sales experience. Prior experience managing the Association group segment is preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Delphi, and Windows operating system.
- Skilled in sales presentations and utilizing sales tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and various digital collateral.
- Ability to manage details effectively.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Skilled at verbal and written communication.
- Ability to maintain a professional image in tough situations.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate the Resort’s service standards and AAA Diamond standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.