Posted January 28, 2020
Summary of Position:
The Event Manager is responsible for the efficient and professional coordination of any assigned event (wedding, gala, convention or meeting group).
- Respond in a timely manner to internal and external customers.
- Systematically establish, build and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Establish a positive and professional presence and rapport with internal and external customers.
- Design and sell events that meet client needs while being creative and maintaining profitability (revenue generation, maintaining profit margins and food/beverage costs).
- Protect the Resort’s assets by maximizing revenues, optimizing use of on-site inventory and function space, and protecting the physical property.
- Assist with sales site inspections, as required, and conduct planning sites as needed.
- Maintain accurate information and revenues in Delphi, at all times, to ensure accurate forecasting.
- Introduce key operations personnel to client or on-site contact.
- Follow-up with client after function to ensure customer satisfaction, address any challenges, and solicit rebooking.
- Follow-up, in a timely manner, with event involved departments and appropriately communicate any necessary feedback.
- Forecast group rooms with assigned GRC accurately.
- Collect all deposits according to contractual terms and work with billing to ensure all monies are collected in advance or as defined by the contract.
- Continuously follow up, in a timely manner, to gather all pertinent information from customer.
- Interface with outside vendors as needed.
- Accurate and timely preparation of event orders, set-up diagrams, group resumes, and other informational forms
- Work with all internal departments to coordinate needs of groups.
- Communicate with Sales, Front Office and Reservations in order to coordinate and monitor guest room blocks and special reservation needs.
- Establish rapport with and entertain meeting planners while promoting hotel facilities and services.
- Plan and conduct pre and post-convention meetings with clients and respective departments.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Event Management, Director of Catering/Event Management, Director of Sales & Marketing and/or General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year in hospitality sales and/or Catering/Event Management experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of hotel food and beverage, Delphi and basic AV equipment.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to resolve conflict in effective manner.
- Ability to lift, grasp, carry and/or push up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, as well as being able to work shifts requiring standing, walking throughout hotel or sitting for long periods of time.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate the Resort’s service standards, AAA Diamond standards, and guest survey standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.