Posted January 30, 2020Part Time
Marketplace Cafe Barista
Summary of Position:
The Barista is responsible for selling food and beverage to guests in a friendly and courteous manner resulting in guest satisfaction.
- Set up work area, brew coffee, set out food items, restock inventory items as needed.
- Maintain supply of products throughout shift.
- Greet all guests in friendly and courteous manner, recite available selections, prepare and serve orders.
- Input orders into Micros.
- Present check to guest promptly, thank them and invite them to return.
- Performing check out procedures and complete paper work.
- Perform general cleaning tasks.
- Maintain inventory levels in storage area.
- Report equipment or guest challenges to supervisor.
- Assist guests with questions and direct them where to go to get their food items.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education: High School diploma preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card/certification and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Experience: Food and beverage experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of menu items offered.
- Proper phone etiquette.
- Ability to responsibly and accurately manage cash.
- Ability to operate a calculator.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).