Posted January 30, 2020
Lobby Grill Supervisor
Summary of Position:
The Lobby Grill Supervisor will assist management with two points of emphasis (1) train and coach peers, lead the team towards meeting and exceeding restaurant standards in the areas of guest service, sales goals, product knowledge and front of the house operations, and (2) assume a supervisory/Manager on Duty role by performing associated tasks when asked by management to do so.
- Assist in serving guests and patrons at the Lobby Grill and Lobby Bar.
- Train new hires and provide feedback to management to help determine skill level
- Coach new and existing staff in daily operations by helping to lead the team towards meeting and exceeding standards in guest service, lead the team to uphold the restaurant appearance, help enforce policies and procedures, aid in leading the team to execute daily tasks and ensure successful completion, help the team with time management and be a support when management is not available to assist the line staff.
- Supervise the execution of side work and cleaning duties among peers.
- Assist with inventory as needed.
- Assist with opening/closing managerial duties as needed.
- Assist with Marketplace Café daily operations as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Lobby Grill management and department heads.
- Work respectfully with Chef de Cuisine and the back of the house.
- Maintain optimal dress code standards at all times.
- Enforce and reinforce resort policies at all times.
- Assist with employee evaluations as needed.
- Assist with developing incentives/employee motivation activities with management.
- And other tasks as assigned by the Lobby Grill Manager, Lobby Grill Assistant Manager(s), Resort Management and/or the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: Previous food and beverage supervisory experience required
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification required. First Aid Training and CPR certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations.
- Ability to calculate percentages and use advanced math skills
- Knowledge of scheduling and basic ordering procedures
- Ability to handle a high stress environment, working under pressure
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)