Posted February 5, 2020
Summary of Position:
The Marketing Manager is responsible for implementing strategies, action plans and special projects within the Classic Hotels & Resorts Marketing department to increase revenues at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, The Scott Resort & Spa, The Inn at Laguna Beach, Laguna Beach House, La Playa Carmel, Hotel Carmel and other Classic Hotels & Resorts entities. Oversee the execution of these plans with the assistance of the V.P. of Sales and Marketing, Director of Marketing Communications, Directors of Sales & Marketing and/or General Managers.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of annual and monthly marketing plans for all Classic Hotels & Resorts entities including, but not limited to: Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, Aunt Chilada’s, The Scott Resort & Spa, The Canal Club, La Vidorra Spa, The Inn at Laguna Beach, Laguna Beach House, La Playa Carmel, Hotel Carmel and Brophy’s Tavern.
- Manage the advertising, website and public relation agencies for all Classic Hotels & Resorts entities including, but not limited to: Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, Aunt Chilada’s, The Scott Resort & Spa, The Canal Club, La Vidorra Spa, The Inn at Laguna Beach, Laguna Beach House, La Playa Carmel, Hotel Carmel and Brophy’s Tavern.
- Attend weekly and monthly status meetings with the agencies and vendors.
- Plan and place all advertising. Assist in the creation of all resort, golf, spa and restaurant club marketing materials and advertising.
- Assist agency with press releases on special achievements, activities or events that relate to the Hotels, Golf Club, Spa, and Restaurants.
- Attend and strategize with V.P. of Sales and Marketing, Director of Sales and Marketing, and/or General Managers to promote individual branding and increase local and resort guest usage.
- Assist in the execution of the photography and video shoots when needed.
- Interview appropriate production companies and photographers when needed.
- Assist in the execution of media events and promotions.
- Assist in preparation of sales and marketing expense budget for the resort.
- Assist in the development and execution of the annual media plan.
- Support corporate and direct sales efforts with appropriate direct mail, collateral and lead generation.
- Assist in planning, promoting and coordinating special events including but not limited to customer appreciation events, socials, wine tasting, press trips, customer FAM trips and outdoor activities.
- Model Guiding Principles.
- Attend Revenue Strategy Meetings and help communicate occupancy and the implementation of appropriate strategies and tactics.
- Attend PR agency meetings and conference calls and help with the implementation of appropriate strategies and tactics.
- Update various websites with marketing messages.
- Work with V.P. of Sales and Marketing, Director of Marketing Communications, Directors of Sales & Marketing, General Managers, and operations departments to disseminate and integrate cross marketing opportunities.
- Assist with the creation of all collateral and ensure appropriate branding.
- Assist in the execution of a property wide data capture program for re-marketing opportunities.
- Create and implement measurement matrix for all sales and marketing activities.
- Establish and manage advertising budget expenses for all hotels.
- Attend functions and/or special events at each hotel if required.
- Assist in managing public relations emergencies at each hotel if required.
- And any other tasks as assigned by the V.P. of Sales and Marketing, Director of Marketing Communications and/or the General Managers
Education: College degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 1-3 years of experience in hotel sales and marketing. Minimum 1-3 years of experience with graphic design. Minimum 1-3 years of experience with social media management. Computer proficiency and administratively strong.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to memorize and perform company standards
- Creative and graphic design skills
- Social Media skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Organizational and planning skills.
- A good listener
- Must be a team player
- Timely follow-through on tasks
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)