Posted February 11, 2020
Summary of Position:
The Golf Supervisor is responsible for providing our guests a memorable golf experience through quality service, knowledge of the Grand Expectations, and leading by example. They will supervise the front service staff in a professional manner and assist the Director of Golf with various daily operating tasks and duties, ensuring consistent service standard delivery.
- Coordinate reservations and organize starting sheets.
- Assist in developing and executing effective training programs related to Grand Expectations and golf industry standards.
- Assist with promotion and organization of tournament, resort and outside play.
- Supervise front service staff and ensure consistent delivery of service standards.
- Work with Director of Golf to effect positive changes as appropriate.
- Follow all sales transactions and follow up procedures.
- Assist with payroll accounting during Director of Golf’s days off.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods.
- Handling cash, making change and balancing the house bank.
- Appropriately post charges to guestrooms and house accounts using point of sale computer.
- Clean, organize, and detail the golf pro shop.
- Follow opening and closing procedures.
- Enforce golfer dress code at all times.
- Assist in inventory control.
- Act as Manager on Duty during Director of Golf’s absence.
- Oversees communication and training of new personnel including beverage cart.
- Responsible for weekly order, inventory, and reconciliation for food and beverage.
- Must have knowledge of the golf course, golf shop, golf packages and food and beverage options.
- Follow up and book all previous golf groups.
- Answer incoming golf inquiries when sales manager is out.
- Conduct all client site visits with sales manager and gather information to exceed guest expectations.
- Up-sell tournament packages to potential clients.
- Customize packages to ensure maximum revenue potential and guest satisfaction for each group.
- Manage all golf events and tournament reservations in the tee time booking system to maximize revenue.
- Communicate with the Finance department to set up all master accounts for the event.
- Follow up on all required guest counts and deposits.
- Create BEOs for all events with banquet departments.
- Act as on-site coordinator during tournament day(s).
- Distribute the event or tournament draw 24 hours in advance.
- Effectively communicate event details to all departments at the Resort.
- Liaison with all departments ensuring the golf event and tournament needs are met and exceeded.
- Create scorecards, cart signs, and other signage as required for the event.
- Manage all skill prizes, hole-in-one prizes, and on course events.
- Manage all golf event(s) and tournament set up.
- Ensure the guests tee off at the assigned time.
- Ensure that rooms and prize tables are set for all golf events and tournaments.
- Actively monitor all events and tournaments during day of play.
- Monitor weather conditions and speed of play.
- Perform golf event and tournament scoring as required.
- Listen to customer feedback and ensure that the guests leave satisfied.
- Responsible for billing lost or damaged property to the golf event or tournament.
- Monitor service and ensure event and golf tournament is presented a bill in a timely manner.
- Send out a Golf Event and Tournament Satisfaction Survey.
- Actively support all employees as necessary.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Golf, Golf Sales Manager, Arizona Grand Resort & Spa Manager and/or the General Manger.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required, College degree preferred.
Experience: Prior golf experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County food service workers card and Arizona Title IV alcohol certification required. Member of PGA or LPGA of America preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use a computer, fax machine, and photocopier as required.
- Ability to stand long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a cash register.
- Ability to drive a golf cart.
- Ability to lift golf bags, weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work in outside weather conditions.
- Ability to tolerate different weather conditions.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).