Posted February 13, 2020
Front Office Coordinator
Summary of Position:
The Front Office Coordinator is responsible for providing support and leadership to the Front Office Managers and the front desk. This includes providing friendly, efficient and hospitable service by assisting with guest challenges and meeting with meeting planners and staff. This position is also responsible for staff development.
- Professionally resolve guest challenges, documenting all challenges in writing using clear and concise English.
- Review house setup including VIP and VVIP arrivals, greeting guests at Front Desk when possible.
- Lead front office team daily pre shift meetings.
- Review groups and group files. Check white boards, small group books and log book for any pertinent information
- Review labor daily and check staffing levels to decide when to add or remove staff after consulting with Front Desk Manager or Assistant Manager
- Coach front desk staff on performance and appearance, counsel and praise as needed
- Audit and manage the manager’s bank as well as their own personal banks at the beginning and end of their shifts.
- Provide personal service by calling and welcoming all VIP arrivals
- Complete Manager On Duty (MOD) Report and distribute to all managers
- Attend pre-convention and staff meetings when necessary
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
Experience: Prior hospitality experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to train and supervise with strong leadership skills
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Ability to memorize and perform Grand Service Standards, AAA 4-1/2 diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems
- Ability to utilize a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)