Posted March 15, 2020
Guest Service Agent
Due to the current global situation, our hiring process is temporarily on hold. We are continuing to accept applications and will reach out to interested candidates once our hiring hold is over. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in working for Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.
Summary of Position:
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for being an ambassador of the resort by providing friendly, efficient, and hospitable guest check-in and check-out service at the front desk. The Guest Service Agent also provides guests with information about resort, local, and statewide activities and attractions and seeks opportunities to create a memorable and quality experience for both guests and patrons alike.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listening attentively to understand requests.
- Duties as assigned by Front Office Management such as Guest Service Agent responsibilities as needed such as:
- Check guests in/out through Springer Miller.
- Assist Guests in all inquiries related to check in/out.
- Other tasks as assigned including, but not limited to the business center functions, front or bell desk assistance and gift cards.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information to a guest’s reservation and making changes as necessary.
- Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods and verifying a photo ID at check-in.
- Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank.
- Accept and record vouchers, traveler checks, and other forms of payment.
- Post charges to guest suites and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages, mail and facsimiles for guests as requested.
- Close guest accounts at the time of check out ensuring the guest’s stay was enjoyable, resolving issues as necessary.
- Arrange registration cards and complete bucket check.
- Incorporate the Mystery Shopper Standards into every interaction.
- Assist with both concierge desk and front office functions as requested.
- Answer guest inquiries politely using a clear speaking voice, providing thorough and complete information in response to guest inquiries and the individual needs of the guests. Resolve challenges quickly and efficiently.
- Arrange and confirm recreational, dining, and/or business activities inside and outside the resort.
- Promptly answer phones using a positive and articulate speaking voice with proper verbiage.
- Keep detailed and accurate records of all guest interactions and requests through daily paperwork and log sheets.
- Delivery of guest mail and packages as necessary.
- Maintain desk resources including refilling brochure rack, making copies of fliers, and keeping desk generally neat and organized.
- Assist business center after hours by sending and receiving facsimiles, making photocopies, and performing basic computer functions.
- Continuously stay updated in the trends and activities of the tourism industry.
- Any other tasks, projects and/or duties assigned by the Front Office Management Team and/or the General Manager.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Customer service experience required, preferably hospitality industry front desk or concierge.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively deal with challenging guests, some of whom may require considerable levels of tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and resolve issues.
- Considerable knowledge of the city and surrounding areas, including ability to provide clear, accurate directions.
- Basic mathematical skills, ability to use a computer and calculator.
- Ability to memorize and perform AAA four diamond standards.
- Positive Attitude.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).