Posted March 26, 2020
Reservations Sales Agent
Due to the current global situation, our hiring process is temporarily on hold. We are continuing to accept applications and will reach out to interested candidates once our hiring hold is over. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in working for Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.
Summary of Position:
The Reservation Sales Agent must handle a high volume of phone calls, manually track reports, detailing downloaded reservations from our central reservations, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Answer a high-volume of incoming calls for multiple properties while consistently following our call quality standards while maintaining a score of 91% or higher on monthly coaching calls.
- Maintain an average of at least 80% in ready state on the phone per month.
- Confirm reservations offering alternatives and suggestions when appropriate, recognizing repeat guests.
- Achieve monthly conversion (sales) of 60% or higher.
- Participate in department projects.
- Keep current with all communication and departmental changes.
- Provide guest follow-up as requested.
- Handle faxed and emailed inquiries in a timely manner.
- Complete daily reservations audit.
- Enter/Update and confirm daily wholesale & interfaced reservations.
- Use the Property Management System to accurately note details regarding hotel guests, specifically their special needs and requests to ensure a smooth registration upon arrival at the front desk.
- Attend and participate in monthly reservations meetings.
- Participate in all sales training programs.
- Participate and complete weekly resort knowledge quizzes/activities.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Prior Customer Service experience
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain consistency, diplomacy and tact in difficult or challenging situations.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to type 35 wpm.
- Ability to format and write business letters, reports, and summaries using proper grammar, spelling, diction, and style.
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Ability to memorize and perform Grand Expectations and AAA Diamond standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized work space, maintaining important documents pertinent to reservation requests.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and varying shifts.