Posted March 3, 2020
Front Desk Supervisor
Due to the current global situation, our hiring process is temporarily on hold. We are continuing to accept applications and will reach out to interested candidates once our hiring hold is over. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in working for Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.
Summary of Position:
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for providing friendly, efficient and hospitable service at the front desk, including check in and check out service.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information to a guest’s reservation and making changes as necessary.
- Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods and verifying a photo ID at check-in.
- Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank.
- Accept and record vouchers, traveler checks, and other forms of payment.
- Post charges to guest suites and house accounts using the computer.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listening attentively to understand requests.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages, mail and facsimiles for guests as requested.
- Close guest accounts at the time of check out ensuring the guest’s stay was enjoyable, resolving issues as necessary.
- Supervise Guest Service Agents to ensure policies and procedures are being followed correctly.
- Create and implement training procedures for Guest Service Agents.
- Arrange registration cards and complete bucket check.
- Incorporate the AAA service standards into every interaction.
- And any other duties and tasks as assigned by Front Office Management.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent preferred
Experience: Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to train and supervise with strong leadership skills.
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems.
- Ability to utilize a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Must type a minimum of 15 WPM.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).