Posted March 5, 2020Part Time
Due to the current global situation, our hiring process is temporarily on hold. We are continuing to accept applications and will reach out to interested candidates once our hiring hold is over. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in working for Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.
Summary of Position:
The Personal Trainer will teach a safe, fun and professional exercise class in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to the Arizona Grand Resort’s standards of quality.
- Designing an integrated training program for guests and members of the Athletic Club and Resort that consists of the following:
- Activity demand analysis profile
- Postural assessment
- Flexibility assessment
- Functional control assessment
- Core strength assessment
- Neuromuscular control assessment
- Functional strength assessment
- Body fat assessment
- Nutritional assessment
- Monitor resistance training and the cardiovascular training area to ensure safe and proper use of all equipment and assist members and Resort guests.
- Write and implement specialty programs such as: sport specific, injury rehabilitation, senior programming, kids programming, golf and tennis programming.
- Ensure cleanliness of the fitness, basketball, stretching, free weight, and racquetball areas.
- Ensure that there is a supply of small “workout” towels as well as drinking cups at specific locations around the fitness area and restock when needed.
- Assist with locker room cleanliness; pick up and dispose of used towels, replace amenities as required, address and report items that are not in working order or broken, address all spills so that proper signage is posted.
- Ensure that all equipment is in excellent working order and carry out daily preventative maintenance as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by Spa Manager and the Assistant Spa Manager.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the resort.
- Update knowledge of fitness equipment and latest fitness and wellness trends.
Education: College education - degree in an exercise science, kinesiology, or physical education or the combination of education and experience in these fields.
Experience: Experience in exercise prescription, general exercise programming, anatomical, postural and biomechanical assessments, perform body fat analysis, core assessments, functional assessments
Certificates or Licenses:
- Must be CPR certified and first aid certified. Both certifications must be current and kept current throughout his/her employment with the Arizona Grand Resort.
- Certification in Exercise prescription, free weight, nutritional, wellness education provider, integrated training from a nationally accredited agency or association.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Flexible to work various days & shifts.
- Must have working knowledge and experience in exercise prescription.
- Must have working knowledge of wellness programming.
- Must have working knowledge of Health Risk factors.
- Must have working knowledge of Assessments - Postural, Anatomical and Biomechanical, Flexibility.
- Must be able to perform the previous assessments on various types, ages of members and guests.
- Must have working knowledge of performing tests for blood pressure, body composition and be able to perform these tests.
- Must have working knowledge of exercise prescription - writing, adjusting and follow-up for all types, ages of members and guests.
- Must be able to perform this task on a regular basis.
- Very good organizational skills.
- Must be computer proficient.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).