Posted March 16, 2020
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor
Due to the current global situation, our hiring process is temporarily on hold. We are continuing to accept applications and will reach out to interested candidates once our hiring hold is over. Thank you for your patience and continued interest in working for Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.
Summary of Position:
The Guest Service Agent/Night Audit is responsible for providing friendly, efficient and hospitable service at the front desk including check-in and check-out service as well as run the night audit process through the PMS system of the resort
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information to a guest’s reservation and making changes as necessary.
- Complete the nightly audit of the resort through the SMS system
- Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods and verifying a photo ID at check-in.
- Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank.
- Accept and record vouchers, traveler checks, and other forms of payment.
- Post charges to guest suites and house accounts using the computer.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listening attentively to understand requests
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages, mail and facsimiles for guests as requested.
- Close guest accounts at the time of check out ensuring the guest’s stay was enjoyable, resolving issues as necessary
- Providing safety deposit boxes, upon request
- File registration cards
- Incorporate the Mystery Shopper Standards into every interaction
- Other tasks as assigned by Front Desk management and/or the General Manager
Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: Prior customer service experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to effectively deal with challenging guests, some of whom may require considerable levels of tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and resolve issues
- Considerable knowledge of the city and surrounding areas, including ability to provide clear, accurate directions
- Basic mathematical skills, ability to use a computer and calculator.
- Able to memorize and perform AAA four diamond standards
- Behaves ethically,
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language,
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort. Specific grooming standards are available for review in Human Resources.