Posted July 17, 2020
Overlook the Pacific Ocean in Laguna Beach as you exceed our guest most honored needs - the cleanliness of our our beautiful boutique property! We have an amazing, cohesive and positive team and Classic Hotels & Resorts is a company you can grow with!
THIS IS A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN A FANTASTIC TEAM AT ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BOUTIQUE PROPERTIES IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!
Summary of Position:
The Housekeeping Supervisor position supervises all Housekeeping line staff and coordinates with all hotel departments to meet Classic Hotels and Resorts quality standards.
Manage staffing needs including training
Plan, organize and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by the hotels, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
Complete performance inspections on Room and House Attendants after completion of service to rooms.
Complete performance inspections on Room and House Attendants during their daily work schedule to ensure all areas are clean and up to Resort Standards.
Assist Management in monitoring overall staff performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Maintain a record of rotational deep cleans, room cleans and carpet cleaning programs.
Communicate and interface with other departments to provide HEARTfelt, personalized service.
Facilitate quick delivery of guest errands.
Keep work area clean, professional and inviting at all times.
Other duties assigned by Management.
Language: Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred
Experience: One year housekeeping supervisory experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Certification in sanitation, chemical usage or safety preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to train and supervise with strong leadership skills.
• Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
• Ability to memorize and perform BEyond Expectations Standards, AAA 4 diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
• Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
- This is a full time exempt position. Actual hours may vary dependent on business needs but will generally fall between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm. Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions. Availability for weekends and holidays is essential.
Classic Hotels and resorts leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create HEARTfelt experiences, inviting our guests to return. In order to be successful at the Inn at Laguna Beach and Laguna Beach House, team members must share both our vision and our values. This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and genuine associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.