Posted November 11, 2020Part Time
Summary of Position:
The Oasis Lifeguard, under supervision, will assist in the safe implementation of water park programs including, slides, wave pool, hot tub, busy river rides and pools. The Oasis Lifeguard will ensure guest safety at all times and complete all other assigned duties.
- Ensure safety regulations are being upheld and met.
- Assist guests with emergency needs from beginning to end.
- Follow directions given by the Lead Lifeguard or the Manager on Duty.
- Help out with all Oasis activities as set forth by the Oasis Manager(s).
- Secure and maintain cleanliness and safety standards set forth.
- And any other tasks as assigned by the Lead Lifeguard, Oasis Managers and/or General Manager.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position will be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions. The allotment of time for performing each function is to be solely determined by the supervisor based on the particular requirements of the resort.
- Seven-days / week / weekend availability as needed and scheduled. Early to late hours as needed.
- Must be flexible and knowledgeable in all areas of the Oasis & Recreation Program so one can perform those duties without question if needed.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: Prior lifeguard experience is preferred. Prior water park experience is a preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Lifeguard Certification is required (will certify after hire). Must be CPR certified and first aid certified (will certify after hire). All certifications must be current.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Recreation and aquatics background helpful.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.