Posted January 10, 2021
Summary of Position:
The Pool Technician is responsible for maintaining all pools, spas and fountains, keeping them in good repair. The goal is an attractive and well maintained water experience.
- Maintain the physical appearance of all pools, spas, and fountains on the Resort property. This includes monitoring and managing the water’s chemical balance, pumps, filters, and overall physical properties with the intent to produce clean, clear, and attractive water features.
- Order and monitor supply levels for all pool maintenance.
- Report major repairs and items that are not repairable to management.
- Keep detailed repair and maintenance logs, in English.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- And any other tasks as assigned by the Aquatics Maintenance Manager, Assistant Director of Property Operations and/or the Director of Property Operations.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Experience: Experience with pool maintenance preferred
Certificates or Licenses: NA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all maintenance trades including electrical, plumbing, water chemistry, and natural gas properties as well as the related use of hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of safety and handling procedures of all pool and spa chemicals.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.