Posted December 28, 2020Part Time
Assistant Golf Professional
Summary of Position:
The Assistant Golf Professional is responsible for providing our guests a memorable golf experience through quality service and product.
- Coordinate reservations and organize starting sheets.
- Follow all sales transactions and follow up procedures.
- Assist the Director of Golf in the coordination and execution of all group events.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods.
- Handle cash, make change and balance the house bank.
- Appropriately post charges to guestrooms and house accounts using point of sale computer.
- Clean, organize, and detail the golf pro shop.
- Follow opening and closing procedures.
- Enforce golfer dress code at all times.
- Provide golf lessons to members and guests.
- Assist Director of golf in the budgeting process.
- Assist in inventory control.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required, College degree preferred.
Experience: Prior golf experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Member PGA or LPGA of America preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use a computer, fax machine, and photocopier as required
- Ability to stand long periods of time
- Ability to operate a cash register
- Ability to drive a golf cart
- Ability to lift golf bags, weighing up to 30 lbs
- Ability to work in outside weather conditions
- Ability to tolerate different weather conditions
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).