Posted January 6, 2021
Guest Service Agent
Summary of Position:
The Guest Service Agent, GSA, is responsible for being an ambassador of the resort by providing friendly, efficient, and hospitable guest check-in and check-out service at the front desk. The Guest Service Agent also provides guests with information about resort, local, and statewide activities and attractions and seeks opportunities to create a memorable and quality experience for both guests and patrons alike.
• Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listening attentively to understand requests.
• Check guests in/out through the Property Management System (Springer Miller).
• Assist Guests in all inquiries related to check in/out.
• Other tasks as assigned including, but not limited to the business center functions, guest escorts, on property transportation, luggage storage and gift cards.
• Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods and verifying a photo ID at check-in.
• Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank.
• Accept and record vouchers, traveler checks, and other forms of payment.
• Post charges to guest suites and house accounts using the computer.
• Close guest accounts at the time of check out ensuring the guest’s stay was enjoyable, resolving issues as necessary.
• Answer guest inquiries politely using a clear speaking voice, providing thorough and complete information in response to guest inquiries and the individual needs of the guests. Resolve challenges quickly and efficiently.
• Arrange and confirm recreational, dining, and/or business activities inside and outside the resort.
• Answer telephone calls in a positive and clear voice within a timely manner. Agent is expected to listen carefully to callers to ensure calls are directed to the correct department or extension, and that all questions are answered.
• Act as a dispatcher for security, property operations, housekeeping and guest services teams. Provide information by two-way radio base stations and Microsoft Teams in response to guest requests and emergency challenges.
• Daily use of our guest facing text message tool (Zingle) to enhance the guest experience.
• Assist the Business center with package tracking and acceptance through the use of Track It Software.
• Answer the emergency line and listening to the challenge in detail. Responding to the challenge using appropriate procedures.
• Input and retrieve messages from the property computer system. Receive wake up calls and input into the wake-up system, verbally confirming with the guest the time of wake up. Answering basic inquiries. Input of do not disturb blocks on phone lines.
• Assist with basic guest billing inquiries to create a seamless experience for our guests.
• Create room availability reports for the property operations staff throughout the day.
• Keep detailed and accurate records of all guest interactions and requests through daily paperwork, log sheets and reservation notes.
• Delivery of guest mail and packages as necessary.
• Maintain desk resources including refilling brochure rack, making copies of fliers, and keeping desk generally neat and organized.
• Assist business center after hours by sending and receiving facsimiles, making photocopies, and performing basic computer functions.
• Continuously stay updated in the trends and activities of the tourism industry.
• Any other tasks, projects and/or duties assigned by the Front Office Management Team and/or the General Manager.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Customer service experience required, preferably hospitality industry front desk or concierge.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to effectively deal with challenging guests, some of whom may require considerable levels of tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and resolve issues
• Considerable knowledge of the city and surrounding areas, including ability to provide clear, accurate directions.
• Basic mathematical skills, ability to use a computer and calculator.
• Ability to memorize and perform AAA four diamond standards.
• Positive Attitude.
• Behaves ethically.
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)