Posted April 11, 2021
Reservations Sales Agent
Summary of Position:
The Reservation Sales Agent must handle a high volume of phone calls, manually track reports, detailing downloaded reservations from our central reservations, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Answer a high-volume of incoming calls for multiple properties while consistently following our call quality standards while maintaining a score of 91% or higher on monthly coaching calls.
- Maintain an average of at least 80% in ready state on the phone per month.
- Confirm reservations offering alternatives and suggestions when appropriate, recognizing repeat guests.
- Achieve monthly conversion (sales) of 60% or higher.
- Participate in department projects.
- Keep current with all communication and departmental changes.
- Provide guest follow-up as requested.
- Handle faxed and emailed inquiries in a timely manner.
- Complete daily reservations audit.
- Enter/Update and confirm daily wholesale & interfaced reservations.
- Use the Property Management System to accurately note details regarding hotel guests, specifically their special needs and requests to ensure a smooth registration upon arrival at the front desk.
- Attend and participate in monthly reservations meetings.
- Participate in all sales training programs.
- Participate and complete weekly resort knowledge quizzes/activities.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Prior Customer Service experience
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain consistency, diplomacy and tact in difficult or challenging situations.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to type 35 wpm.
- Ability to format and write business letters, reports, and summaries using proper grammar, spelling, diction, and style.
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Ability to memorize and perform Grand Expectations and AAA Diamond standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized work space, maintaining important documents pertinent to reservation requests.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).