Posted February 15, 2021
Well rounded Accountant needed for our finance department at The Scott as we restructure our team and tasks in 2021 and beyond!
Summary of Position:
The Accountant is responsible for the administration of Revenue, Accounts Payable, Cash and Accounts Receivables in accordance with established accounting standards. This position is a direct support to the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Income Audit
- Review daily financial transactions and ensure items are recorded correctly.
- Ensure credit card batches are processed daily and balance with bank accounts.
- Ensure PMS and POS entries balance with days transactions.
- Prepare and distribute Daily Sales Report (DSR) and ensure all balances are correct.
- Post revenue journal entries and ensure records balance with the General Ledger.
- Accounts Payable
- Processes all accounts payable invoices including matching Purchase Orders with invoices, ensures correct GL coding and approvals, date entry of invoices into Sage.
- Maintains AP Records including W9s and 1099 reporting.
- Maintain property expense checkbooks.
- Processes weekly check runs.
- Reconciles vendor statements.
- Manages vendor inquiries.
- Assists with month end accruals and journal entries.
- General Cashier
- Maintains the main vault and provides change to service staff.
- Issues House Banks, maintains House Bank Records, and reconciles all house banks monthly including main vault.
- Manages petty cash and processes for reimbursement weekly.
- Requests change orders from Wells Fargo.
- Processes the daily cash deposit and reconciles against sales reports daily.
- Monitor cash over/shorts and report to Management Team daily/weekly
- Accounts Receivable
- Prepare Group Invoice Billing, collection activity and guest inquiries
- Perform credit checks on clients requesting direct billing
- Audit and update city ledger accounts
- Send out billing statements and maintain AR Files
- Process TA and Group Commissions
- Coordinate monthly credit meeting with department heads
- Other Duties:
- Maintain high level of accuracy through proper monitoring and efficient review of daily/monthly activities of the property.
- Maintain License/Permit schedule and ensure we are in compliance.
- Maintain Contract Schedule and ensure it is updated monthly.
- Support Department Heads with managing their individual business units by providing timely, accurate and useful information.
- Support ADOF/DOF in company growth opportunities.
Education: Associates or College Degree preferred but not required
Experience: Minimum of two years accounting/bookkeeping experience required, preferably in hotel accounting environment
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Basic accounting principles / Microsoft office / accounting software
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.