Posted February 23, 2021Part Time
Barback Canal Club Lobby Bar
The Canal Club is the coolest lobby bar and restaurant on the Scottsdale resort scene...be a part of culinary and beverage history in the making in our gorgeous, community oriented, Havana themed property!
Summary of Position:
The Barback is responsible for the initial preparation of the bars operating in the restaurant.
- Cuts, slices and peels perishable garnishes and fruits.
- Stocks mixes and juices in sufficient amounts according to business need
- Stores back-up supplies according to manufacturers suggestions
- Maintains cleanliness of glassware, following health code standards
- Maintain cleanliness of bar area, beer locker, refrigeration and storage areas, complying with health code standards.
- Checks and assists bartender in maintaining adequate levels of supplies, i.e. stir sticks, napkins, matches, etc… for both the immediate bar area and extended service area.
- Replenishes ice containers
- Boxes and saves used liquor bottles for later returns and requisitions
- Transports and maintains taps and kegs
- Perform other duties as requested by management including, but not limited to, cleaning guest spills, running food, etc…
Education: High School Graduate preferred
Experience: Prior bar experience preferred
Certificates or Licenses: Food Handler’s card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and comply with all State, Federal, and Resort liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Knowledgeable in preparation and serving of alcoholic beverages
- Basic mathematical skills to calculate portion sizes
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with guests and read written product label instructions
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.