Posted March 31, 2021
Bilingual Housekeeping Supervisor
Summary of Position:
The Housekeeping Supervisor facilitates a smooth transition between guests and associates. Supervisor should be a friendly and dependable person who works well with others. Efficiency and attention to details are crucial traits for this position.
• Check VIP’s before 12 noon according to our Housekeeping VIP process.
• Check all Vacant Clean Suites, as assigned daily, to ensure quality of product.
• Check associate performance in terms of quality and efficiency.
• Coach and counsel, and keep management when necessary.
• Ensure Suite Attendant training is accurate and thorough with no loose ends.
• Check and report out any Engineering challenges found in Suites or public areas.
• Maintain an open communication with Management staff to ensure quality service is being provided and report all challenges they may incur.
• Facilitate quick delivery of guest errands.
• Restock Cleaning supplies where and when needed, including being taken out to staff in the work area.
• Maintain Inventories, restock and keep organized areas.
• When needed, cleaning of suites; make beds, clean bathroom, all floor care, etc…
• Keep all work areas clean, professional and inviting.
• Open or close department, as availability is determined during interview and hiring process.
• Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, and other public areas as needed.
• Other duties assigned by Executive Director of Housekeeping.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years of experience in Housekeeping
Certificates or Licenses: NA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be fluent in Spanish and English
• Must be knowledgeable in general computer skills. And able to learn and use our Standard Operating Systems.
• Ability to train and supervise with strong leadership skills
• Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
• Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems
• Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
• Behaves ethically
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English and Spanish languages
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)