Posted October 1, 2021
ALL NEW HIRES WILL RECEIVE A $500 BONUS UPON COMPLETION OF 3 MONTHS OF SERVICE!
*ALL NEW HIRES WILL RECEIVE A $500 BONUS UPON COMPLETION OF 3 MONTHS OF SERVICE!
Summary of Position:
The Houseperson is responsible for assuring cleanliness of guest walkways, foyers, stairwells and public vending areas, as well as assisting Suite Attendants in order to maintain Resort standards of quality.
- Empty Suite Attendant carts of soiled linen and trash during VIP turndowns.
- Vacuum, sweep and/or mop walkways, stairwells, vending areas, foyers and lobbies.
- Fulfill all guest requests for ironing boards, hairdryers, etc.
- Clean and remove spots from walls and doors.
- Assure storage and linen rooms are in impeccable order for the following morning.
- Assure all glasses are washed for the following morning.
- Assist in loading of dirty linen for outside laundry service.
- Assist Suite Attendants with removal of trash and linen from guest suites during high occupancy turnover.
- Assist shampooers with relocation of furniture.
- Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, directions and information as requested.
- Report all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions, etc. to the Safety and Security Department.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guests and associates safety in fire or other emergencies.
- And any other assignments given by the Housekeeping Management Team, Housekeeping Coordinators and Resort Management Team.
Experience: Previous janitorial experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Valid driver’s license with clean motor vehicle record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to comprehend the English language sufficient to understand and communicate information for reasons such as safety and security, product safety labels and emergency instructions.
- Knowledge of stain removal and chemical cleaning agents and operation of different types of equipment.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand for extended periods. Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions from supervisor.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, general knowledge of the English language required.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.