Posted April 9, 2021
Line Cook (AM)
The Canal Club is the coolest restaurant on the Scottsdale resort scene...be a part of culinary history in the making in our gorgeous, community oriented, Havana themed property!
Summary of Position:
The Line Cook (AM) is responsible for preparation, set-up, and maintenance of all meat, fish, poultry, and other food items prepared in the broiler and sauté station for The Canal Club restaurant.
- Prepare daily requisition for supplies and food items
- Prepare all food items according to specific recipes or as specified on guest checks.
- Visually inspect, select, and use only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of menu items
- Check and control the proper storage of product, especially on specific cuts of meat.
- Keep all refrigeration and storage areas clean and organized, complying with health department regulations
- Keep all working areas clean and organized, complying with health department standards
- Other supportive functions as determined by the Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred
Experience: Minimum 3 years cooking experience in a similar environment required. Broiler and sauté experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking, i.e. sauces, stocks, and cooking procedures
- Knowledge of the acceptable standards of sanitation
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, etc…
- Ability to butcher fish and/or meat
- Basic mathematical skills to prepare recipes
- Ability to understand and comply with all Health Department standards
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized work space, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language in order to properly document incidents and activities utilizing Perspective Software.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.