Posted April 8, 2021
Building our Housekeeping leadership team at Scottsdale's signature style, unique and incredibly popular destination ... The Scott Resort & Spa!
Summary of Position:
The Housekeeping Manager provides BE LEADERSHIP and assistance in helping to lead and support all aspects of the Housekeeping Department. The position, with the guidance and mentorship of the Director of Housekeeping, supervises all Housekeeping line staff and coordinates with all resort departments to meet The Scott Resort & Spa quality standards.
Assist with managing staffing needs including interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, scheduling and conducting performance evaluations
Plan, organize and monitor associate activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by the resort, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
Work with Housekeeping Supervisor on a one on one basis to build their housekeeping skills.
Complete performance inspections on Room Attendants after completion of service to rooms.
Complete performance inspections on Room Attendants during their daily work schedule to ensure all areas are clean and up to Resort Standards.
Assist Director in monitoring overall staff performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, completing 90 day and annual performance evaluations on all Housekeeping line staff.
Maintain a record of rotational deep cleans, room cleans and carpet cleaning programs.
Assist in the resolution of staff challenges including scheduling, disciplinary action, incentive programs, etc.
Communicate and interface with other departments to provide HEARTfelt, personalized service.
Facilitate quick delivery of guest errands.
Ability to resolve guest challenges.
Keep work area clean, professional and inviting at all times.
Other duties assigned by Director of Housekeeping as well as the Director of Hotel Operations.
Education: High School diploma or graduation equivalent required; college preferred
Experience: A minimum of three years housekeeping supervisory experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Certification in sanitation, chemical usage or safety preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to train and supervise with strong leadership skills.
• Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
• Ability to memorize and perform BEyond Expectations Standards, AAA 4 diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
• Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems.
• Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.