Posted April 9, 2021
Front Desk Agent
Join the gorgeous Inn at Laguna Beach where casual luxury meets coastal community! Our HEARTfelt culture will allow you to care for our guests and associates like no other workplace!
Summary of Position:
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for providing welcoming, friendly, efficient, resourceful and hospitable service at the front desk, including check in and check out and guest resolution.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer/property management system, confirming pertinent information to a guest’s reservation and making changes as necessary
- Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods and verifying a photo ID at check-in.
- Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank.
- Accept and record vouchers, traveler checks, and other forms of payment.
- Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listening attentively to understand requests
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages, mail and facsimiles for guests as requested.
- Close guest accounts at the time of check out ensuring the guest’s stay was enjoyable, resolving issues as necessary
- Providing safety deposit boxes, upon request
- Arrange registration cards and complete bucket check
- Other tasks as assigned by Front Office Supervisor/Assistant Area FOM/Area Assistant GM
- Incorporate the Mystery Shopper Standards into every interaction
Education: College degree preferred
Experience: Prior hotel management experience required, Housekeeping and Guest Services preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to train and manage with strong leadership skills. Creates a positive working environment.
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Ability to memorize and perform Hotel Standards, AAA 3 diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Knowledge of Property Management systems
- Knowledge of Management Reporting tools
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks, listens and writes in a clear and effective manner
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a three diamond hotel (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
- This is a part time position. Actual hours may vary dependent on business needs but will generally fall between 5:00 am and 11:00 pm. Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at Inn at Laguna Beach. Availability for weekends and holidays is essential.
Inn at Laguna Beach leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create HEARTfelt experiences, inviting our guests to return. In order to be successful at the Inn at Laguna Beach, team members must share both our vision and our values. This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and genuine associates treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.