Posted September 13, 2021
Golf Spray Technician
Summary of Position:
The Spray Technician is responsible for applying pesticide and fertilizer to the entire Arizona Grand Resort & Spa golf course.
- Apply fertilizer.
- Manage the crew that works the weekend as scheduled.
- Apply pesticide.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent, the Director of Golf and/or the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Experience working with chemicals and pesticides required.
Certificates or Licenses: Arizona Structural Pest Control Commission Certified Applicator.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work during adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively with the crew.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with various chemicals in order to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.