Posted June 15, 2021
Assistant Reservations Manager
Summary of Position:
Manage the day-to-day operations of the reservations office. This includes, but is not limited to, the employee motivation, training, statistical phone reporting, problem solving, and office organization. Oversee the entire Reservations department in the absence of the Reservations Manager.
- Complete daily and monthly reports reflective of reservations activity, call conversion, and call abandonment.
- Assist in planning and facilitating monthly Reservations department meetings.
- Schedule Reservations coverage for department; ensure proper staffing for assigned shifts.
- Maintain the property management system database with regard to seasonal rates, rate codes, packages, etc.
- Process payroll & labor forecasting within staffing guidelines.
- Order department supplies, keeping within budget.
- Answer incoming reservation sales calls when staffing/call volume dictates need.
- Assist the Reservations Manager in developing and promoting RSA monthly incentives. Base these
- incentives on areas where performance improvement is needed.
- Oversee the proper & timely communication of all daily pre-shift items.
- Assist Reservation Manager in managing individual performance of staff, including 90-day and annual evaluations, coaching, and counseling.
- Assist in annual training and development of Reservation Sales Associates to ensure all departmental procedures and standards are consistently followed. Complete monthly call quality recording & coaching.
- Develop both short and long term goals relating to interpersonal development and department improvement.
- Monitor RC performance for quality service and proper management of all group files, utilizing the GRC forecast process & tools. Ensure all groups have been released upon the reservations due date. Oversee group forecasting and management of contracted reduction/attrition issues.
- Assume Group Rooms Coordinator responsibilities, ensuring management of group files by following the GRC Checklist. Oversees meeting planner adherence to reservations due dates, and input of group rooming lists within 48 hours of receipt.
- Works with Reservations Manager to track pickup and daily activity of all definite groups, to ensure optimum occupancy & revenue are achieved.
- Reviews all contracts to ensure the accuracy of rates, dates, billing, inventory levels and all miscellaneous information for accuracy.
- Assists in creating a resume for each group, to ensure a smooth registration. Handles special details, such as rates, room blocking, billing & VIP guests.
- Reviews no shows and bills accordingly. Communicates to all appropriate Sales managers and conference service managers the respective information for each group.
- Participates in weekly group pick up meeting with Director of Revenue, Conference Service Managers, and Reservation Sales Team.
- Attends group pre-convention meetings.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Reservations Manager and/or the Vice President of Sales & Marketing
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.Bachelor of Science degree preferred, but not required.
- Experience: Minimum 8 months of Reservation Sales experience required.
- Certificates or Licenses:None
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills in planning, organizing and training
- Excellent in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Meeting and F&B settings
- Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly
- Speak clearly and listen carefully.
- Use personal judgment and specialized knowledge to give information to people.
- Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
- Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information.
- Analyze and interpret established policies.
- Understand the government regulations covering business operation.
- Make business decisions based on productions reports and similar facts.
- Plan and organize the work of others.
- Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- Accept full responsibility for managing an activity.
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)