Posted September 27, 2021
Guest Service Agent
Summary of Position: FULL TIME
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for being an ambassador of the resort by providing friendly, efficient, and hospitable guest check-in and check-out service at the front desk. The Guest Service Agent also provides guests with information about resort, local, and statewide activities and attractions and seeks opportunities to create a memorable and quality experience for both guests and patrons alike.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listening attentively to understand requests.
- Duties as assigned by Front Office Management such as Guest Service Agent responsibilities as needed such as:
- Check guests in/out through Springer Miller.
- Assist Guests in all inquiries related to check in/out.
- Other tasks as assigned including, but not limited to the business center functions, front or bell desk assistance and gift cards.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information to a guest’s reservation and making changes as necessary.
- Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods and verifying a photo ID at check-in.
- Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank.
- Accept and record vouchers, traveler checks, and other forms of payment.
- Post charges to guest suites and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages, mail and facsimiles for guests as requested.
- Close guest accounts at the time of check out ensuring the guest’s stay was enjoyable, resolving issues as necessary.
- Arrange registration cards and complete bucket check.
- Incorporate the Mystery Shopper Standards into every interaction.
- Assist with both concierge desk and front office functions as requested.
- Answer guest inquiries politely using a clear speaking voice, providing thorough and complete information in response to guest inquiries and the individual needs of the guests. Resolve challenges quickly and efficiently.
- Arrange and confirm recreational, dining, and/or business activities inside and outside the resort.
- Promptly answer phones using a positive and articulate speaking voice with proper verbiage.
- Keep detailed and accurate records of all guest interactions and requests through daily paperwork and log sheets.
- Delivery of guest mail and packages as necessary.
- Maintain desk resources including refilling brochure rack, making copies of fliers, and keeping desk generally neat and organized.
- Assist business center after hours by sending and receiving facsimiles, making photocopies, and performing basic computer functions.
- Continuously stay updated in the trends and activities of the tourism industry.
- Any other tasks, projects and/or duties assigned by the Front Office Management Team and/or the General Manager.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Customer service experience required, preferably hospitality industry front desk or concierge.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively deal with challenging guests, some of whom may require considerable levels of tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and resolve issues.
- Considerable knowledge of the city and surrounding areas, including ability to provide clear, accurate directions.
- Basic mathematical skills, ability to use a computer and calculator.
- Ability to memorize and perform AAA four diamond standards.
- Positive Attitude.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).