Posted September 20, 2021
Grill Line Cook
$500 Sign on Bonus after 4 months of employment! *Must be in good standing to receive.
Summary of Position:
The Line Cook is responsible for preparation, set-up, and maintenance of all meat, fish, poultry, and other food items prepared in the broiler and sauté station.
- Prepare daily requisition for supplies and food items.
- Prepare all food items according to specific recipes or as specified on guest checks.
- Visually inspect, select, and use only food items of the highest standard in the preparation of menu items.
- Check and control the proper storage of product, especially on specific cuts of meat.
- Keep all refrigeration and storage areas clean and organized, complying with health department regulations.
- Keep all working areas clean and organized, complying with health department standards.
- Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred
Experience: Minimum 3 years cooking experience in a similar environment required. Broiler and sauté experience preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking, i.e. sauces, stocks, and cooking procedures.
- Knowledge of the acceptable standards of sanitation.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, etc…
- Ability to butcher fish and/or meat.
- Basic mathematical skills to prepare recipes.
- Ability to understand and comply with all Health Department standards.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with employees, read written product label instructions, and complete requisition forms.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review.)