Posted May 23, 2021
Lobby Grill Bartender
The Lobby Bar at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa is a Caribbean themed gathering place for Phoenix locals and Resort guests!
Summary of Position:
The Bartender is responsible for serving beverages and/or food to the guests in a friendly, courteous and timely manner. Also prepares beverages for other servers to supply to guests, and acts as cashier for the lounge.
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet.
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality.
- Greet guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promote drink specials, and documents orders for drinks. Mix, garnish and present drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
- Input orders into a register at the point of sale and create a check for each internal/external guest, including those served by other beverage servers.
- Receive cash from guests, make change as needed, verify validity of charges, record charges, and insure vouchers are properly executed.
- Lock up and store all beverages, food, and other equipment items.
- Deposit cash drops and secure bank.
- Other supportive functions as determined by the supervisor.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Assistant Managers, the Department Head and/or the General Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Prior bartending experience required.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker Card and Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic food and beverage preparations, including service of alcoholic beverages.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guests checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, and understand portion size.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote a variety of menu items.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
- Ability to memorize and perform Resort Standards, AAA Diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Ability to push a hand cart, with a maximum weight of 200 lbs.
- Skills in planning and organizing and training.
- Excellent in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly.
- Behaves ethically.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).