- Supervise, mentor and monitor the performance of direct reporting social catering sales and service managers, ensuring proper catering sales techniques, office procedures, and event coordination. Assist in coordination of staff meetings for the purposes of training and sales coordination.
- Regularly review pace, funnel and lead log with Catering team to ensure team goals are being met.
- Construct annual social catering budget, and provide monthly forecasts and variance reports.
- Evaluate and implement strategic initiatives to increase department revenues.
- Review and approval of social catering contracts.
- Management of GM customer communication process.
- Analyze social catering trends and provide detail documentation for sales leaders and owners.
- Ensure team follows through on all leads within 48 hours.
- Meet and conduct all site inspections on property.
- Update accounts and most current lead source.
- Update all accounts with current contacts and decision makers for direct mail campaigns.
- Develop an industry newsletter specific to the sales managers industry and mail quarterly.
- Maintain continuous communication between Sales, Spa, Club, Conference Services and the customer at all times.
- Keep detailed notes and execute written agreements with all vendors and customers.
- Prospect and qualify new social catering clientele from all available resources.
- Ability to perform all essential functions within two weeks of employment.
- Other tasks as assigned by the VP of Sales & Marketing.
Education: High School Diploma required, college degree preferred.
Experience:Must have 2+ years of hotel social catering leadership experience, along with a minimum of 2+ years of hotel social catering sales experience.
Certificates or Licenses:N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Delphi, and Windows operating system
- Skilled in sales presentations and utilizing sales tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and various digital collateral
- Ability to manage details effectively
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Skilled at verbal and written communication
- Ability to maintain a professional image in tough situations
- Demonstrate the Resort’s service standards and AAA Diamond standards
- Strategic in nature, with the ability to think through situations and act accordingly.
- Behaves ethically
- Organized. Maintains an organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)