Posted June 20, 2021
Director Of Housekeeping
Summary of Position:
The Director of Housekeeping provides supervision and direction for all Housekeeping activities of the resort, ensuring the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction is maintained.
- Provide clear direction in assigning and instructing housekeeping and laundry staff in details of work.
- Manage staffing needs including interviewing, hiring, training, counseling, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Plan, organize and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by the resort, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
- Manage finances of housekeeping and laundry operations including budget and inventory controls.
- Monitor advancements in technology that may increase efficiency and guest service scores for the housekeeping department.
- Analyze data and compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies, etc., in relation to resort financial and budget.
- Establish and maintain adequate supplies for efficient operation of department.
- Distribute and delegate workload to guarantee maximum production and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials.
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for employee and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with resort Hazcom program.
- Plan and conduct staff meetings daily stand up meetings as well as monthly departmental meeting.
- Conduct weekly property walkthrough with Director of Operations and Property Operations engineer.
- Check all VIP rooms for incoming guests.
- Maintain and keep record of at least five (5) spot checks of rooms a day while communicating to suite attendants of the outcome.
- Attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information
- Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, décor, etc., make recommendations and assist in the coordination of rehab projects.
- Supervise the operation of linen, uniform, supply and storage rooms.
- Install inventory controls for uniforms, linens and supplies to be monitored by issuance procedures and purchasing. Daily reporting logs.
- Document needs of the department to furnish management with budget requests.
- Manage, monitor and make adjustments in order to comply with energy conservation program management.
- Monitor issuance of all Resort keys.
- Empower team and self to handle difficult guest situations and guest challenges to ensure satisfactory results for all concerned.
- Shares a vision to create A HEARTfelt Experience…BEyond Expectations.
- Connects with our guests emotionally and ensuring they return again and again.
- Embodies our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests, and embracing our BEyond Expectations standards.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Operations or the General Manager
- Education:High School diploma required, college degree preferred
- Experience: Three years experience in a hospitality management position required. Housekeeping management experience in a large hotel/resort experience preferred.
- Certificates or Licenses: Certification in sanitation and safety preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to train and supervise with strong leadership skills
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Ability to memorize and perform Grand Standards, AAA 4 diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards
- Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems
- Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
- Knowledge of Property Management System, i.e. Springer Miller
- Knowledge of Management Reporting tools
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.