Posted June 2, 2021
Night Audit Agent
Summary of Position:
The Guest Service Agent/Night Audit is responsible for providing friendly, efficient and hospitable service at the front desk including check-in and check-out service as well as run the night audit process through the PMS system of the resort.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information to a guest’s reservation and making changes as necessary.
- Complete the nightly audit of the resort through the SMS system
- Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods and verifying a photo ID at check-in.
- Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank.
- Accept and record vouchers, traveler checks, and other forms of payment.
- Post charges to guest suites and house accounts using the computer.
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listening attentively to understand requests
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages, mail and facsimiles for guests as requested.
- Close guest accounts at the time of check out ensuring the guest’s stay was enjoyable, resolving issues as necessary
- Providing safety deposit boxes, upon request
- File registration cards
- Incorporate the Mystery Shopper Standards into every interaction
- Other tasks as assigned by Front Desk management and/or the General Manager
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience:Prior customer service experience preferred
- Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to effectively deal with challenging guests, some of whom may require considerable levels of tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger and resolve issues
- Considerable knowledge of the city and surrounding areas, including ability to provide clear, accurate directions
- Basic mathematical skills, ability to use a computer and calculator.
- Able to memorize and perform AAA four diamond standards
- Behaves ethically,
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language,
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort. Specific grooming standards are available for review in Human Resources.