Posted September 1, 2021
Great opportunity and immediate opening to join the rooms leadership team of Carmel's most iconic destination and be part of the Classic Hotels & Resorts portfolio of boutique, lifestyle luxury properties.
Classic Hotels & Resorts is seeking to fill the position of Housekeeping Manager at their historic property, La Playa Carmel. This luxury property of 75 rooms is situated in the heart of Carmel and blocks from the ocean. The responsibilities include management of the day to day operations of housekeeping, ensuring and maintaining the quality standards set forth by management of all back and front of house spaces, and maintain both internal and external guest satisfaction. This position will also provide ongoing and clear direction to the staff to ensure that the highest of hospitality standards are maintained.
- Preparation, distribution, and coordination of daily room assignments to scheduled staff.
- Work alongside with our Sales and Food & Beverage department and lead in the coordination of events as it pertains to set up and tear down.
- Ensures Key Control policies are adhered to and that logging and distribution of guest room keys is accurate.
- Ongoing review of daily house count and expected arrivals/departures so that appropriate staffing schedules are maintained.
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed by staff.
- Prepares and completes bi-weekly payroll for processing.
- Manages the finances of the housekeeping and laundry operations including budget and inventory levels.
- Provide immediate coaching and counseling of staff as needed to ensure the success of the hotel.
- Minimum of 2 years related management level experience within the hospitality industry
- Ability to be available, as needed, for all shifts, including weekends and holidays
- HS diploma required, some college preferred
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus
We provide excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision (available after 60-days of employment). Vacation Time Off, Associate Recognition Luncheons, employee discounts at other Classic Hotel properties, and the opportunity to work in a beautiful property that promotes a positive Team atmosphere!
For immediate consideration, apply to this post or through our website: