Posted October 20, 2021
Banquet Set Up Attendant
Banquet Set Up Job Description
Summary: Set-up and break down all banquets to ensure a successful events and the functioning of the Banquet Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The position requires the employee to spend the majority of his or her time on the following essential duties:
- Check the condition of and maintain all banquet equipment, function rooms, work areas and storerooms.
Order supplies necessary for operation of convention services department.
Become familiar with the location of each function room and various areas of the hotel.
Read and understand information supplied in catering prospectus sheets and the terminology of banquet set-up.
Learn the seating capacities and buffet design and set-up of each room, for their various configurations.
Unlock all meeting rooms scheduled for use, upon arrival. Check with manager before leaving unlocked banquet rooms that contain valuable equipment.
Set-up banquet rooms in accordance with banquet and company standards, including the correct placement of chairs and tables, proper linen, comfortable temperature, all lights working and properly adjusted.
Ensure all banquet space is neat and clean.
Refresh all meeting rooms during coffee breaks, luncheon or other breaks.
Maintain banquet equipment in good repair; report broken or damaged equipment immediately.
Clean and organize storeroom cage, coat room, prop room and linen room; vacuum the banquet office daily.
Perform banquet room and storage area cleaning assignments, as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent and must be 18 years of age
- Have and maintain valid California driver’s license with 2 (two) points or less
- Ability to speak, read, and understands the English language, excellent customer service skills required.
- Must be able to carry a large oval tray over your shoulder ten (15) lbs. or more.
- Must be able to safely lift and move large, heavy objects up to fifty (50) lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work on uneven ground.
Equipment used on the Job (includes but not limited too):
- Chairs, tables and hand dolly, carts, linen steamer, carpet shampooer, and company vehicles.