Posted July 2, 2021
Business is back and we are seeking a dynamic, savvy and experienced Banquet Manager to inspire, work hands on with and lead our fantastic and growing banquet team!
Summary of Position:
Provide leadership, motivation, support and training to the Banquet Service and Set-up associates, and Banquet/Beverage Service associates, to ensure a heartfelt care, efficiency and highest level of performance. Including quality food and presentation, beverage and food service and total guest satisfaction. Work to maximize profitability of all areas. Recruit, train, motivate and hold associates and captains accountable to maintain established standards. Maintain high level of communication within the department and other critical support departments. Support food and beverage outlets for coverage and projects as needed.
Upward communication to Area Director of Banquets is critical.
• Move through facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met and exceeded. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
• Interview, select, train, counsel and discipline banquet staff for the efficient operation of the department. Ensure that each shift has pre-shift meetings and conduct departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff. Ensure fair schedule each week and direct staff in their work assignments.
• Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
• Maintain profitability of department to support overall resort operation. Control payroll and equipment costs (minimize loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering, and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
• Utilize computer to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence.
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. College degree preferred.
Experience: Position requires minimum 5 years of high volume supervisory / management experience in Food & Beverage/most preferably in Banquets.
Certificates or Licenses: ServSafe Certification. Maricopa County Food Manager card, Arizona Title IV Management Alcohol Certification, First Aid training and CPR certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Thorough knowledge of Banquet/Food & Beverage operations including food, beverage, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction.
• Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
• Ability to read, write and clearly communicate effectively using the English language.
• Ability to walk, stand and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
• Ability to move up to 400 lbs., with wheeled assistance.
• Ability to lift up to 70 lbs., and lift lighter objects overhead.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
• Ability to evaluate, review performance, and offer feedback and direction to all team members.
• Ensure management visibility during peak business hours.
• Control breakage and loss of china, glass and silver and track usage.
• Operate in compliance with all local, state and federal government regulations.
• Ensure full upward and downward communication as it relates to all problems and unusual matters that occur on each manager’s shifts.
• Document and present associate communication, recognition and evaluations per policy.
• Follow fair and consistent progressive discipline/coach and counseling procedure.
• Provide formal and informal training on an ongoing basis.
• Ensure appropriate safety procedures, maintain proper health department regulations and adhere to OSHA regulations as well as fire department rules.
• Maintain effective communication with all departments throughout the resort.
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.