Posted July 2, 2021
Join our fantastic culinary team as our banquet business heats up! Looking for a passionate Banquet Chef with a HEARTfelt leadership style and strong cooking skills for small and large groups alike!
Summary of Position:
Train, supervise and work with our Banquet Kitchen chefs and cooks in order to prepare, cook and present our banquet food according to resort standards. Aid in creating quality food products for all aspects of banquet facilities to meet high standards of quality and drive guest satisfaction. Presence at EO meetings, creation of custom menus as needed, and full knowledge of EO’s. Coach and mentor banquet kitchen staff. Develop good relationships with service staff with a focus on ongoing training and fostering a team environment. Daily payroll reporting, assist with management of banquet kitchen financials in accordance with monthly budgets.
Direct and frequent contact and communication with the Area Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine.
•Audit food storeroom items to maintain consistent quality of products and ensure adherence to all health code requirements. Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness
•Assist with the hiring, training, leadership and scheduling of banquet culinary associates, and participate in activities of chefs, cooks and stewards. Maintain controls in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls and forecast needs
•Monitor staff performance, product quality and production flow. Analyze feedback from clients and take action to implement improvement when needed. Maintain a working rapport with all resort staff for efficient operation and service to clients
•Assist in creating and implementing new menus for all aspects of banquets based on current food trends and regional tastes Develop innovative menu selections for special banquet themes and parties in accordance with client budgetary considerations and expectations
•Review all event orders and create product requisitions taking into account variables such as waste, size of function, demographic of event, cost and inventory
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Graduation from accredited Culinary school preferred
Experience:2 years as banquet chef or sous chef in high volume luxury hotel environment
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Handlers Card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to perform duties with in extreme temperature ranges for long period of time
• Ability to work on slippery and wet surfaces for a continuous period of time.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
• Considerable knowledge of mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) necessary to interpret reports and budgets.
• Ability to meet deadlines and follow up effectively on assignments
• Extensive knowledge of creative menu development, insight to marketing, cost and wage control.
• Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation to include ethnic cuisines and “Fusion” cooking.
• Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control.
• Additional language ability preferred. (Spanish)
• Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery.
• Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 400 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
• Ability to supervise large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
• Ability to conduct meetings, menu briefings and maintain effective communication lines between line staff, reporting supervisors, peers and and Area Executive Chef and Chef de Cuisine.
• Ability to stand, walk, and/or sit continuously to perform essential functions for an extended period of time.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience tact and diplomacy. Collect accurate information to resolve conflicts and use approved managing techniques.
• Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations, distinguish product, taste, texture and presentation and observe preparation.
• Artistic ability to create theme menus.
• Behaves ethically and honestly
• Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
• Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.