Posted October 4, 2021
Catering Conference & Event Manager
Summary of Position:
The Catering Conference & Event Manager will be responsible for the efficient and professional coordination of any assigned catering programs (ie. wedding, social or corporate events). This position will provide a high degree of service to clients while effectively communicating information to all departments of the resort.
- Works directly with Catering Sales Manager to review files and any special needs
- Systematically establishes, builds and maintains positive relationships with client(s)
- Establishes a positive and professional presence and rapport with internal and external customers, while responding in a timely manner.
- Assists with catering sales site inspections as required and conducts tastings/planning sites as needed
- Designs and upsells events that meet the client’s needs while being creative, while maintaining profitability (ie. revenue generation, maintaining profit margins and food/beverage costs)
- Creates all Banquet Event Orders, Resumes and Diagrams for each event, then reviews with client(s) and ensures timely completion
- Continuously follows up in a timely manner, to gather all pertinent information from customer(s)
- Communicates with Sales, Front Office and Reservations in order to coordinate guest room blocks and special reservation needs
- Coordinates activities of various departments to service accounts
- Interfaces with outside vendors, as needed
- Maintains accurate information and revenues in Delphi at all times, to ensure accurate forecasting
- Facilitates all wedding ceremonies and catering functions, while introducing key resort operations personnel to client(s)
- Liaises with accounting to collect all payments for events; follows through with accounting to close out all accounts
- Follows-up with client(s) after function(s) to ensure customer satisfaction, addresses any challenges, and solicits rebookings
- Follows-up with various departments to ensure any necessary feedback is communicated
- Other tasks as assigned
- Education: Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. College education preferred.
- Experience:Minimum of one year combined food and beverage management experience required. Wedding catering experience strongly preferred. Must have experience with Delphi.
- Certificates or Licenses:NA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of food and beverage products, proper preparation and presentation of foods and beverage items.
- Knowledge of related event coordination areas: audio-visual, décor, entertainment, tenting, exhibits, power, etc.
- Understanding of event logistics (set up and design).
- Ability to read, write and speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
- Ability to create special themes and menus.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)