Posted July 6, 2021
Group Rooms Coordinator
Summary of Position:
The Group Rooms Coordinator is responsible for managing group room reservation and inventory through effective administration and attention to detail to maximize room revenue and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Within 48 hours of receipt, inputs all group room listings by following a detailed checklist.
- Works with Director of Revenue Management to achieve optimum occupancy and revenue.
- Reviews contracts for accuracy in rates, dates, billing inventory levels, and other miscellaneous information.
- Creates and maintains complete files on all bookings reflected in Sales PMS.
- Handles all guest requests, comments, and complaints.
- Participates in weekly group pick-up meetings.
- Attend group pre-convention meetings.
- Answer reservation sales calls when volume dictates.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: Six months prior reservations or front office experience required in a full service hotel or related. Prior experience with the Springer Miller System is required.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite 2010.
- Strong working knowledge of the Springer Miller system.
- Ability to maintain consistency, diplomacy and tact in difficult or challenging situations.
- Ability to follow detailed record-keeping procedures that involve intense administration and attention to detail.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Ability to make quick and efficient decisions to benefit the team and guest.
- Ability to memorize and perform Grand Expectations, AAA diamond standards, and Mystery shopper standards.
- Ability to use a moderately complex computer system and troubleshoot software problems.
- Behaves ethically.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).