Posted July 7, 2021
Banquet Operations Manager (AM)
Summary of Position:
The Banquet Operations Manager is responsible for daily operations of the entire Banquet Operations department with regard to proper set-up of meeting/venue space and service standards for food & beverage.
- Oversee each shift providing instructions of room set-up according to the client’s requirements including review of event orders, resumes and the Catering / Conference Service Team.
- Oversee each shift providing instruction for the service of food and beverage of client’s events through coordinating with Banquet Captains, Culinary Team and the Catering / Conference Service Team.
- Coordinate all hiring, performance reviews, and issuance of discipline for the entire Banquet Operations Dept.
- Train and instruct personnel on work assignments, new procedures, setups/breakdowns of event space, food and beverage service to clients.
- Enforcement of all State, City and County Health Code Regulations.
- Completion of weekly Service and Set-Up Teams work schedule.
- Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms to ensure space remains presentable at all times.
- Schedule monthly department meetings with entire staff present as well as monthly captain and set up supervisor meetings.
- Ensure all reviews are completed in a timely manner and that all reviews are fair and consistent.
- Plan daily and weekly banquet functions
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Banquet Operations
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, with the allotment of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the resort.
- Attend departmental, quarterly and training related meetings.
- Ensure maintenance of equipment by calling for repairs and training staff on proper use.
- Perform and general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products, as per Health Department code.
- Conduct competitive research and report trends and recommendations.
- Support the entire Food & Beverage operation including supervising other areas if necessary, handling special projects, running promotions, handling public relations and marketing.
- Education:High School Diploma or graduation equivalent
- Experience:At least 3 years of experience in high volume banquet and convention service operation
- Certificates or Licenses:Maricopa CountyFood Service Worker card, Arizona Title IV Alcohol Certification, ServSafe Certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills in planning, organizing and training
- Excellent in verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Meeting and F&B settings
- Ability to listen, effectively accomplish task, and speak clearly
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.