Posted July 8, 2021
Seeking a Bilingual "Leader to Be" on our Housekeeping Team! This is a great entry level supervisory position for someone with previous housekeeping experience, strong attention to detail and the desire to learn and grow!
Summary of Position:
To inspect and insure that our associates and our resort provide a clean guest room experience, as well as all public spaces, to exceed guest expectations. MUST BE BILINGUAL with ability to communicate in Spanish both verbally and in writing.
To provide excellent service to our guests and associates while adhering to our culture standards: BE Happy, Be Proud, BE Knowledgeable, BE Aware, BE a problem solver, BE well groomed, BE committed all while providing our guests with a HEARTfelt experience BEyond expectations. To contribute to guest comfort and ensure the daily cleaning and tidying of all the hotel guest rooms and any public areas.
- To ensure that high standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout the hotel, with the supervision and inspection of all guest rooms and areas.
- To be fully aware of all hotel services and activities.
- To allocate areas of cleaning on a daily basis fairly, in accordance with hotel procedures and hotel business.
- To be fully aware of the mini bar procedures
- To be fully aware of linen procedures and assist with linen stock as required.
- To order, receive and issue cleaning materials and carry out stock required.
- To ensure the correct use of cleaning agents on all surfaces.
- To assist with the periodic cleaning of areas as requested.
- To be fully aware of, and strictly adhere to, security procedures laid down by the hotel and company. This to include keys, stock, and property.
- To record and report all faults and damage arising to Maintenance by utilizing the HOT SOS program.
- To ensure all housekeeping equipment is used safely and effectively.
- To ensure on all occasions you observe safe and hygienic working practices in order to satisfy Health and Safety at Work and other statutory legislation.
- To assist with the housekeeping operation as necessary, i.e. servicing of guest rooms etc.
- To record, report and process lost property according to hotel procedures.
- To assist with the training of team members in order to encourage and obtain maximum commitment. .
- To consistently deliver superior customer service.
- To be aware of and strictly adhere to fire procedure precautions and bomb threat procedures as laid down by the hotel and company in order to satisfy statutory legislation.
- To attend training when required
- To be fully aware of and adhere to Health and Safety and fire procedures
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
Education: High School / GED degree required
Experience: A minimum of 1 year supervisory experience; 3 years of housekeeping experience
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Must be detail oriented, able to read English (bi-lingual Spanish speaking required), some computer experience, able to work on feet / go up and down stairs (2 story building), lift up to 50 lbs, and have experience with various types of cleaning products and equipment.
- Behaves ethically and honestly
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens and engages in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our forward thinking, fun, friendly, engaging and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.