Posted July 9, 2021
Summary of Position:
Assist in the supervision of the Bakery department, including the preparation and production of all pastries, breads and dessert items for use in the resort’s daily operations.
- Assist in the training of Bakery team members on the preparation of ice cream, gelatos, icings, mousses, sauces, and the production of all pastry products.
- Supervise the production of all pastry products, including cakes, pastries, cookies, breads, gelatos and wedding cakes. Check that dessert orders and amenity orders are received. Monitor all finished product for correct quantity and to ensure quality. (Checking, at the end of the day, that all finished function sets are properly labeled with all items present, attractively garnished, fresh and appealing to the eye). Ensure that all items are correctly marked and delivered to the correct area or restaurant in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all food items are prepared and served according to the Executive Pastry Chef’s standards, specifications and recipes. Assist in preparation of Bakery product (checking production list for correctness by cross referencing with Event Orders).
- Communicate daily with the Stewarding department to ensure that the Bakery area is being cleaned properly and confirm with the utility steward the two areas of the bakery that need to be done each day.
- Ensure proper storage of all food by rotating, labeling and dating all products. Ensure that all items are reviewed daily and any items to be used are directed to the proper team member for production. All racks to be completely covered and reviewed daily; any items that are not being utilized in a timely fashion are directed to the freezer or utilized in the employee staff lounge.
- Ensure necessary product has been ordered for use at least 2 days in advance without over ordering product. Complete a daily order guide.
- Ensure the Bakery department meets all health department standards for sanitation, including proper rotation of food and daily cleaning of icebox, walk-ins and refrigerators. Unsure that the proper temperatures of walk-ins and freezer are maintained. Ensure that eggs are always on the bottom shelf, items are dated with the appropriate date, no sheet pans are on garbage cans and sanitizer is present and being used properly.
- Performs other duties as requested such as moving supplies and equipment cleaning to ensure a safe working environment.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Pastry Chef, Executive Chef and the General Manager.
Education: Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions. High school diploma or graduation equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years Pastry 1 or minimum of one (1) year Lead Pastry experience within a similar size operation.
Certificates or Licenses: Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ability to grasp, lift and carry or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing up to 200 lbs.
- The ability to work in confined places and at extreme temperatures.
- Ability to stand, reach and stoop in order to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to use all kitchen equipment (i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs and slicers).
- Basic mathematical skills sufficient to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Possess the ability to comprehend and communicate effectively in English both written and orally.
- Behaves ethically.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized work space, maintaining important documents pertinent to job.
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review).