Posted July 9, 2021
Garde Manger Cook
Summary of Position:
The Garde Manger Cook is responsible for preparing salads, fruits, dressings and cold dishes in a consistent manner to maintain quality standards.
- Follow and prepare all items on prep list or as instructed by supervisor to maintain a quality product.
- Check all counts and weights on items prepared. Ensure quality standards are maintained by visual inspection of fruits, vegetables and meats used. Rotate fruits and vegetables properly to maintain freshness.
- Keep work area clean at all times. Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Environmental Services Department standards.
- Follow proper storage procedures for product inside and outside of walk-in refrigerator before and after product is prepared.
- Learn cooking times and temperatures for use in accordance with Environmental Services and Resort standards
- This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the allotment of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the resort.
- Perform any general cleaning using hotel-cleaning products as told by to supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Arizona Grand Resort from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the resort.
- Upon employment, all Associates are required to fully comply with Arizona Grand Resort’s rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the Resort’s facilities. Associates who violate resort rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to, and including termination of employment.
- Education: Any combination of education, training or experience that provides required knowledge, skills and abilities. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience: Must have working knowledge of basic cold food preparation and sanitation standards as well as the operation of kitchen equipment. Cold food preparation experience preferred.
- Certificates or Licenses:Maricopa County Food Service Worker card
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use abrasive cleaning products
- Ability to understand the English language
- Ability to stoop, grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move or push goods on a hand cart weighing up to 200 pounds
- Sufficient hand-eye coordination and dexterity for proper use all kitchen equipment
- Ability to work standing up for long periods of time in a confined space
- Ability to work within extreme temperature ranges
- Ability to reach prep table in order to perform essential functions
- Ability to write food prep sheets and produce requisitions in Banquet/Sous Chef’s absence
- Behaves ethically
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language to communicate with other employees and guests
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)