- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach and discipline all employees in the kitchens food production areas to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met; long range strategic planning for outlet operation
- Assist in the planning and development of menus and recipes, ensure the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration, utilize creative menu planning to minimize waste
- Control Labor and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing and inventory control
- Ensure that sanitation standards are in compliance as well as cleanliness and organization of the kitchen
- Maintain control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established specifications as well as foster awareness of food preparation and quality
- Communicate in a professional manner with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met, coordinate menu tastings and pre meal meetings to educate staff on food taste and preparation methods, attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments, interact directly with guests to ascertain satisfaction
- Comply with the Arizona Grand Resort culture initiatives and standards of conduct as set forth in the employee handbook
- Supportive Functions:
- Supervise daily cleaning of walk-in boxes for safety reasons.
- Maintain vacation schedule for proper staffing.
- Reports any equipment in need of repair to chef and engineering for service.
- Performs other duties as requested, such as V.I.P. parties and staff meetings.
Education:Any combination of education or experience equivalent to graduation from high school
- or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Culinary degree preferred, or equivalent experience is required.
Experience: Three + years previous experience in culinary/food and beverage line/outlet situations, supervisory or manager positions
Certificates or Licenses: Current Maricopa County Certified Food Manager card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Through knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to comprehend and communicate job functions.
- Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery.
- Ability to stand in order to fulfill essential functions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 200 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
*This position is a safety-sensitive position. Under the law, safety-sensitive positions are defined as positions where the employee operates, repairs, maintains or monitors the performance or operation of a motor vehicle, equipment, machinery, or power tools. Safety-sensitive positions may also include jobs where the tasks or duties required of the employee could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or others.