Summary of Position:
The Security Officer must perform protective and enforcement functions in a HEARTfelt and restrained manner to maintain a safe and secure environment. These functions include emergencies, undesired guests or conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property. We are seeking individuals who are open to work the 6am to 2pm; and/or 2pm to 10pm shifts, including weekends. Strong customer service is required; security/protective services experience is a plus.
NOTE: EMT certification pays $16.00 per hour.
- Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions.
- Communicate using provided tools (ie-MOD phone/radio)
- Maintain order in the hotel focusing on the welfare of the guests and associates
- Respond quickly to emergency conditions such as fire, safety hazards, and threats to life and/or property
- Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
- When needed, observe the CCTV monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Memorize and monitor life safety systems installed on property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers
- Periodically check employee packages as they exit to ensure no food or property is being removed.
- Screen persons entering entrances for purpose and authorization.
- Receive record and store lost and found items. Research and respond to inquiries from guests concerning status of items, mailing out claimed items to their owner
- Provide accurate information to inquirers for directions, hours of operation, etc.
- Escort guests and employees as required to parking lots
- Assist guests with door lock problems using moderately complex hand-held electronic apparatus.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Area Director of Security, the Security Supervisor(s), and/or TSR GM, DOO, DOE, or FO Manager.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Prior law enforcement, security experience or military experience preferred. Must be at least 19 years of age.
Certificates or Licenses: Valid Driver’s License with a clean motor vehicle record. National EMT certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain consistency, diplomacy and tact in difficult or challenging situations
- Ability to make independent decision
- Knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, and general information about the city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to visually detect signs of an emergency
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions
- Ability to climb stairs at a rapid pace
- Behaves ethically
- Organized: Maintain a neat, organized workspace, maintaining important documents pertinent to job
- Communicates effectively: Speaks and listens in a clear, thorough, and timely manner, effectively reading and writing, using the English language in order to properly document incidents and activities utilizing Perspective Software.
- Professional Appearance: Exhibits an appearance appropriate for a four diamond resort (Specific grooming standards are available for review)
- Attendance as scheduled is a critical element in all positions at The Scott Resort & Spa.
The Scott Resort & Spa’s leaders and team members believe each guest should be treated with respect and professionalism. We create A HEARTfelt experience…BEyond Expectations, enticing our guests to return again and again. In order to be successful at The Scott Resort & Spa, team members must share both our vision and our values (Helpful, Ethical, Attentive, Resourceful and Thankful). This includes possessing and demonstrating a high level of courtesy and respect for both internal and external guests. Our fun, friendly and enthusiastic team members treat every guest as if they were our only guest. A true customer focus is essential to success with our property.